Watermelon Common Name Watermelon
The scientific name of watermelon Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.) Matsum. & Nakai ( scientific name synonymous Citrullus vulgaris Schrad.) Is in Cucurbitaceae ( Cucurbitaceae ).
Watermelons have other local names such as Chinese (Trang), Basa (Northern), Bokeo (Northeast), etc.
Watermelon is a fruit that originated in Africa in the Kalahari desert. The first watermelon plant to eat is the Egyptians.
The most popular varieties are generally three main varieties that are common. (Seeds are small, sweet, like watermelon, junk, watermelon, torpedo, watermelon, watermelon, watermelon, honey, watermelon, watermelon, watermelon, etc.). Seedless seed (A mixed species produced for export) and seed varieties. (Planted to bring roasted seeds, called “grape seed”).
Watermelon is the same family with cucumber pumpkin cantaloupe, which the botanist arranged in the family line. CUCURBITACEAE It is a fruit that contains water in large quantities, so it has a cool feature. Eat sweet For the benefit of watermelon, it’s like. Reduce fever, dry throat, mouth ulcers, etc. It is also a healthy fruit as well. Because rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, but for those with gastric. Spleen is not strong Gastroenteritis, postnatal gouty arthritis or severe and frequent urination. Have diarrhea easy Should not eat watermelon.
Watermelon is another substance that is very important is Citrulline (Citrus), which is found in the shell than the meat. So eating watermelon with a white shell attached to it would be better to eat but fresh meat for the benefit of this substance. It will expand blood vessels. It is good for the immune system and is also very useful for people with diabetes and obesity as well. Because it has very low calories. However, before we cut the watermelon. Wash the bark thoroughly to prevent toxic residues, which may be harmful to health. Because watermelon is a plant that is easily disturbed by various insect pests, the gardeners are usually insecticide injection.
There is also research that in the flesh and bark of watermelon contains active ingredients that work similar to Viagra. If consumed heavily, Citrulline in watermelon reacts with the enzyme in the body, resulting in amino acid arginine. This stimulates the blood vessels to relax and improve the blood circulation as well as the effects of Viagra.
But there are experts arguing that even with such qualifications. But eating watermelon is a lot to help resolve sexual dysfunction is not. Because it is likely to affect the body’s urine more often because of the watermelon used to be used as a diuretic rather than drugs for sexual dysfunction. And the consequence is that it is. If you eat too much watermelon. Sugar in watermelon may spread into the bloodstream. This has made cramping easier.
The benefits of watermelon
- It is suitable for those who want to lose weight or weight control. Because of low calories.
- Watermelon benefits in weight control, not overweight. Prevents accumulation of fat that is harmful to the body. Reduce the amount of fat captured within the blood.
- Watermelon has “Lycopene” (Lycopene), which is an antioxidant. Helps reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Helps to nourish the skin and hair. Because it contains vitamins and minerals.
- Watermelon contains citrulline amino acids, which help prevent heart disease.
- Watermelon contains an active ingredient that is similar to a drug that resolves sexual dysfunction, such as vitamin A, which activates the blood vessels to relax. Helps to improve blood circulation.
- Have aided eye Because vitamin A in the watermelon effect.
- To help detoxify the food we eat.
- Eat fresh fruit. Make hot drink fruit juice. Reduce heat in the body.
- The shell or soft fruit is used to make food like Sesame etc.
- The shell with a light green or white can be eaten as a vegetable.
- To make wine
- It is processed into a watermelon, watermelon or watermelon as a soap.
- Watermelon mask is used as a skin treatment. Helps moisturize the skin. Dry skin problem. It absorbs sebum on the face. Reduce redness, how to simply put the watermelon sliced thin and put it on some whites. Then put it on the face to leave about 15 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
Properties of watermelon.
- Helps to cure diabetes and jaundice.
- Nourish the brain (seed)
- Nourish the body (seeds)
- Nourish the lungs (seeds) Watermelon properties help control blood pressure and contribute to lower blood pressure (Citrulline).
- Help with arteriosclerosis.
- Help prevent and treat scurvy.
- Help prevent colds
- Reduce fever, dry skin (watermelon juice).
- Use as an antipyretic with a leaf to drink (leaf)
- Helps to heal oral ulcers (watermelon juice)
- Prevent sore throat by bringing watermelon peels to boil, add sugar and bring water to drink (peel).
- To get drunk
- Liver disease (seed)
- Watermelon is beta carotene. This helps prevent infections in the gastrointestinal, respiratory and diuretic systems.
- Help digestion Help drain stomach
- The properties of watermelon used as a drug to remove parasites (seeds).
- Help diuretic
- Bladder pain relief (seeds)
- Roots have latex to eat after hemorrhoids (root).
- Used to treat ulcers. By using clean watermelon peel. Bring the fire or dry. Grind to powder. Then bring to the wound area (shell)
- Watermelon properties help to heal wounds faster.
- Help prevent infections.
The nutritional value of raw watermelon (Edible portion) per 100 grams
- 30 kcal energy 130 kJ
- Carbohydrates 7.55 g
- Sugar 6.2 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Fat 0.15 grams
- 0.16 g protein
- Vitamin A 28 microgram 3%
- Vitamin B1 0.033 mg 3%
- Vitamin B12 0.021 mg 1%
- Vitamin B3 0.178 mg 1%
- Vitamin B5 0.221 mg 4%
- Vitamin B6 0.045 mg 3%
- 3 mg folic acid 1%
- Vitamin C 8.1 mg 14%
- Calcium 7 mg 1%
- Iron 0.24 mg 2% iron
- Magnesium 10 mg 3%
- Phosphorus Elements 11 milligrams 2%
- Potassium Elements 112 mg 2%
- Zinc 0.10 mg 1%