Grapefruit (literally) can be spelled in various ways, such as grapefruit or grapefruit juice or grapefruit or fruit subtropical organized in citrus (Citrus. ) Is a fruit that is sweet and sour, sour, with a little bit of taste.
Grapefruits are semi-tropical fruits of the genus Citrus, cultivated for fruit harvesting. And the citrus fruit. With high vitamin C That can help reduce the risk of cataract. It also helps in blood circulation in the eyes.
Grapefruit is a kind of orange. It is native to the Malay Peninsula. And East Indies Highly cultivated and commercially cultivated countries include China, Vietnam, Malaysia and Taiwan. Grapefruit is the scientific name Citrus paradise and is a hybrid between grapefruit and oranges. The trunk resembles a common orange tree. Thin leaves are fragrant The flowers are bouquets of white, the fruit is smaller than the grapefruit, but larger than oranges. Thick yellow shell Westerners prefer to eat grapefruits in grapefruit breakfasts and cut them in the middle of the ball. Sprinkle with sugar or honey and use a spoon to eat. Or be eaten as a fruit salad, jelly, and marmalade.
Characteristics of Grapefruit
Grapefruit is a perennial fruit. The average height is about 5-6 meters and can be as high as 13-15 meters. Grapefruit leaf color is dark green. Long and slender shape The flowers are white with 4 petals. Grapefruit characteristics. Outside the fruit is a round yellow shell with a diameter of about 10-15 cm in length.
- Drinking grapefruit juice will help to refresh the body. It also relieves fatigue and fatigue.
- If you have fever Drinking grapefruit juice will help keep the flu going faster.
- Helps prevent and treat influenza and malaria.
- Help strengthen the immune system against colds.
- People with diabetes eat grapefruit safely. And also help control the level of sugar in the body as well.
- Helps prevent and reduce the risk of cancer. Inhibit the growth of cancer cells Especially colon cancer and lung cancer.
- It helps in digestion, cure flatulence, prevent constipation.
- Helps prevent arthritis.
- Drinking grapefruit regularly helps to prevent and reduce the risk of kidney stones as well.
Benefits of Grapefruit
- Helps to resolve insomnia and promote sleep better.
- Help skin Stimulates the formation of collagen Help to brighten the skin.
- The smell of grapefruit can help reduce appetite.
- Helps to lose weight. Because grapefruit contains enzymes that help burn fat. Try turning to eat or drink grapefruit every day. Then you see the change!
Antioxidants in grapefruit are effective in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Help to smell fragrant Mix 1 tablespoon of grapefruit / half sea salt with 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger / sesame oil or 1 tablespoon of almond oil and scrub your feet. If left, it can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.
- In medical terms, it was found. When grapefruit juice is combined with cancer drugs, it can reduce the use of certain drugs. It saves the cost of treatment again.
- The fruit is used in the production of different types of cosmetics or aromatherapy.
Grapefruit nutritional value (raw fruits only in white) per 100 grams
- 33k calories
- Carbohydrate 8.41 g
- Sugar 7.31 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Fat 0.1 gramsGrapefruit juice
- 0.69 g protein
- Water 90.48 g
- Vitamin B1 0.037 mg 3%
- Vitamin B2 0.020 mg 2%
- Vitamin B3 0.269 mg 2%
- Vitamin B5 0.283 mg 6%
- Vitamin B6 0.043 mg 3%
- Vitamin B 10 10 μg 3%
- Choline 7.7 mg 2%
- Vitamin C 33.3 mg 40%
- Vitamin E 0.13 mg 1%
- Calcium 12 mg 1%
- Iron 0.06 mg 0%
- Magnesium 9 mg 3%
- Manganese 0.013 mg 1%
- Phosphorus 8 mg 1%
- Potassium 148 mg 3%
- Zinc 0.07 mg 1%
Caution: Eating or drinking “grapefruit” may result in overdose or increased blood levels due to grapefruit juice. And liver The researchers noted that the link warned that. Types of drugs harmful to water Grapefruit has increased rapidly. The Lawson Institute for Health Research from the University of Western Ontario, Canada, reported in the Journal of the Canadian Medical Association. The type of medication with severe side effects on grapefruit juice increased from 17 in 2008 to 43 in 2012.
Suggestions: Each day, they should eat 5 meals and eat a variety of food. Do not eat food repeatedly every day. For the health and good health. Should study the information from the variety. And compare the data for clarity. Because some information may not be clearly supported. And if you have any doubts, consult your physician and / or dietitian. – Nutritionist